Tips & Tricks for Dry-Aging, Cooking, and Resting
This is an update to my 2020 post about cooking restaurant-quality steak in 15 minutes, with a new video, a PDF of my recipe, and many more details, tips, and tricks.
It’s true! You really can make restaurant-quality steaks in your own home. In my easy, failproof, step-by-step method, you’ll learn how to make a perfectly cooked steak without a grill, including techniques such as:
- Proper salting
- A dry-aging hack
- Caramelizing the entire surface of the steak versus thin grill marks
- The correct time to flip the steak
- Why the steak needs to rest
- The correct way to slice the steak
- How fat works to flavor and insulate the steak
Watch the Video:
My Rib-Eye Steak Recipe PDF.
Let me know if you want more info about applying these techniques to other types of steak.
Please let me know if you try this recipe because I love hearing from you, and I always appreciate your feedback!
Giving credit where credit is due:
Videography & Editing by @remages